Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Vaseegara...

This is supposed to be one of the most romantic songs from recent times, originally sung by Ms Bombay Jayshree. I found a free Karaoke track on the web so I did it. :-p


Vaseegara.mp3

14 comments:

Wokana said...

amazing!!

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

V.good! That's a nice silky, smooth flow of ur voice :)
One of ur best so far.

Anonymous said...

sumi, great singing and superb painting on your other blog. Keep posting more

Murali Venkatraman said...

sumithra:

nalla rendtion dhaan. But it will help you to better your pronunciation. It is adhe "gaNam" not gaNaa. And I think u need a few pointers about how to synchronize with the karaoke and record (just a recording issue). I know this is a nice song, but I would strongly suggest you to attempt numbers like the vrindavan sarang number which showcase your full vocal capability. May be some ghazals ?

SUMI said...

hey Murali, thanks for the comment. The only reason I did this one was coz I found afree karaoke track and didn't have much else to do on a weekend. :) I am not even particularly fond of the song...

Yeah I really wanna do ghazals. But I don't have any instruments or tracks and I thought just vocals would sound really bland. And Ghazals with a Shruti background would sound odd...

Thanks for the pronunication correction. I guess I don't know Tamil well enough. It wasn't even a pronunciation mistake actually; I thought the word was "gaNaa" although it sounded really odd and not like Tamil... in Bombay Jayshree's version of the song, doesn't it sound like "gaNaa"? :)) weird! it sounds like that to me...

Jenni said...

Nice attempt here. I like this song, very nice composition by Harris Jayaraj. Keep it up.

SUMI said...

thanks Jenni!

KG said...

Hey somehow every blogs ends up with this in some form or the other. guess your voice brings a different quality to the song and very refreshing one at that. some flips include tamizh pronunciation, getting the sandham of the song intact and effects stuff. guess ur hindi numbers were much better tho this was really good.

Anonymous said...

this is a beautiful song and one of my favourites.good work sumi. i think you u can be more careful with the timings. all the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumithra,
I am searching for vaseegara karaoke. The one that you have used in your song is very good. I found one on the web but it is not as good as the one that you have used. It would be great if you could mail me the link to the website from where you downloaded the free karaoke for this song or send me the file itself as an attachment to praveen.dec@gmail.com.
Thanks in advance,
Sowmya

Anonymous said...

hi its a very nice song..can u put the mp3 for this and all of ur song.

Deepa said...

Hey, could you please send the karaoke to my email id @ swarovski_18@yahoo.com. I wanna sing the song and send it to my boyfriend !

SUMI said...

Hi, A LOT of people have asked me for this Karaoke track. I have looked for it on both my laptops and my desktop and haven't found it yet. Sorry! At some point I lost a lot of data on my hard disk and may be this was one of the files! If I find it I'll put it up somewhere for download and send you all a link.

The leading edge!! said...

sumi!! very well sung..i liked ur voice..but proabaly u can improve a bit on ur rhythm which is the only flaw that i could find..sing more songs n let us njoy ur sweet husky voice..:)